Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ramblin' College Girl


Dear Josh,

Alright, do you remember when we were younger and used to play that karaoke game on the ps2? There was one song that went on and on forever, it was completely pointless, and we could never get any points on it because you would have me laughing so hard that I couldn’t sing any of the notes. Well, it was that rambling song. It was seriously called something like that, rambling guy or something, so the title really fit the song. That is why I named my post “Ramblin’ College Girl”, I figure THAT way the title of the post will really fit the post. It’s like your warning that this post is going to be about nothing. So, since I warned you there will be no tolerance for complaining at the end. With that said, let’s begin!

Let me tell you about the best feeling in the world that I am having today. Okay, here is the formula. Have GINORMOUS test in Social Sciences on a Tuesday + Finish the test and all of your Social Sciences homework for the week + Wake up early on Wednesday and finish your homework for your other classes + Stand up to get ready for your 9:30 class just as you get an email + The email says CLASS IS CANCELED FOR TODAY, WEDNESDAY + Lounge around the rest of the morning = BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD.

Basically I just wanted to write and tell you how lovely it is when class is canceled. This is the first time that has actually happened to me. Once or twice I have canceled it for just myself, but everyone else still goes to class. I think that is called skipping though, not canceled class; therefore, it does not go under the best feeling in the world category.

Here is what you can get done when class is canceled:

  1.      Watch random videos
  2.      Play around with music and finding the perfect “best feeling ever” song
  3.      Put away all of your laundry
  4.      Fix fish tank with filter because it was kind of pee-colored. 
  5.      Clean all of your random dishes (Yay! I have clean cups now!)
  6.      Take out the trash, sweep the floor, windex the mirrors and windows, clean the sink, organize the closet, and other clean-like tasks.
  7.      Watch more random videos
  8.      Surf Facebook
  9.      Begin reading boring book for the paper that is due in Social Sciences in two weeks
  10.      Write really boring, pointless blog!! 
All of this and it isn’t even noon yet!  I have also spent this time observing my fish to see what they like to do when I am typically in math class. (I know, I have such an interesting not-in-class life). Well, I would like to report that they act just like they do when I am not in math class. I really think my fish are kind of nuts. They swim like they are being attacked all of the time. Personally, I think they are searching for the disappearing fish. I mentioned that I have five fish before? Well, one of them likes to leave and come back whenever it pleases. I’m not sure how because there really is nowhere to hide in my tank.

Dad said that he misses knowing simple things about like what I am doing  and just that kind of thing. I miss that, too. I always want to know what you are having for dinner and stuff like that. Today I am going to probably have what I usually have for lunch—a chicken wrap on jalapeno tortilla J It’s pretty good. Yesterday they had TUNA MELT J J J Mmm…that is one of my favorite lunch days, along with nacho day! I wonder what today will be! I will probably just eat a wrap anyway.

            I don’t have much to tell you since I came home this weekend, so I guess I will stop rambling on and on. I know that you are probably thinking you wish I was as witty and exciting as usual ( Don’t even pretend, I know you think that every day. Oh! My sister, Maddie, she is SO cool and SO funny and SO nice and I SHOULD GIVE HER ALL OF MY HALLOWEEN CANDY) , but this will have to do for now. In fact, this may be the last post for a while! My FYL (Freshmen Year Leader—Megan, she is awesome) told me that the next couple of weeks are crazy. Especially the week after Thanksgiving, that week is called “dead week” technically because professors aren’t supposed to give you assignments due that week or something. Megan said that it really is called “dead week” because you wish you were dead because they assign you so much. I think that is funnier, but I will let you know which one it is!

I love you so much dear brother,

Your Tuna-Melt-Loving-Sister

P.S. I made the post this lovely pinkish color, so that it would be more interesting :) MARKETING!

1 comment:

  1. Another great post! You crack me up so much. Thanks for sharing. My fav college food day was grilled cheese and tomato soup day... ahh good memories.

    ReplyDelete