Saturday, February 18, 2012

Crazy Tidbits of College


Dear Josh,

            I am writing this letter to give you a sense of (1) how crazy busy college really can be, (2) what it is like at the beginning of second semester, and (3) keep you updated on everything that has happened since I left home. It might be a bit of a detailed letter, but I know you love me enough to read it all the way through (Right, Josh? Righhht? RIghht? *Think of those “rights” in the tone of Nick making sure the family was agreeing with him when he was little*). Another point that will probably go into it, but that I want to highlight here is that Murray State is awesome, and you should come here. I have a few other letters I have written more specifically on that, but I think you should get this one first J Alright. HERE! WE! GOOOOOOOOOOO!

I came back to campus about three weeks ago, and BOY has it been different than last semester. I’ll start at the beginning so you don’t get confuzzled.  I came back the weekend after mom and dad had been gone, you were at Thespian Conference or something, and I had just had a pretty awesome weekend with Max and Nick. That meant I hadn’t been annoyed enough into actually WANTING to come back. So when I came up by myself that Monday morning (well, Jonathan and his family came, but I was the only Mucci), I was a little sadder to leave then I would have thought.

Luckily, I already had all of my things in place in ole floor eight of Regents! However, I stepped in the dorm room and STUFF WAS EVERYWHERE. My new roommate (all the way from floor nine!) had already semi-moved down, and that added plenty of excitement. I think I told you, but I’m not sure you were listening, so I will tell you again. Katelyn, my first semester roommate became a Residential Advisor (Typically abbreviated “RA” and given a room to themselves), so a girl I “knew of” from HIGH SCHOOL Freshmen year back in Edwardsville named Demi moved down to be my roommate. I am SO very glad that she agreed to put up with my living conditions and tendency to ramble until she turns off the light because I like her SO VERY MUCH. We both are organized and a little bit messy (she is more of the organized and the little bit, I am more of the messy), we both like to share some things and keep some things to ourselves (we share a microwave, television, refrigerator, calendar, and secrets. We keep our beds, *teddy*bears, and books for school to ourselves), and we are both pretty good at talking and both pretty good at listening (She even laughs at my jokes!). Even four weeks later, I love having Demi as a roommate! The lovely Katelyn and I even have a class together, so I still get to hear about her life!

So, anyway, I got a new roommate, new (harder) classes, and I have started my work with some new clubs. I joined the Student Alumni Board—a group of students that makes connections between incoming students, current students, and former students! As of now, it pretty much seems like a gig where I get to eat good food with important people J I joined and quit the forensics team within one week—It was awesome, I just had zero time to commit to it. Sad day. I began my term as Fundraising Chair at the Wesley Foundation. I’ve already begun planning an AMAZING fundraiser, but more on that later! I decided to join five other freshmen honors program peeps, and REPRESENT by becoming a Freshmen Representative for the Honors Program. I think there are a few other things I am doing, but this gives you a whiff of what I am doing. Needless to say, things are getting a little bit crazy all up in Murray.  

On top of all of that, Demi and I moved to RICHMOND the Monday after we had gotten settled. A room opened up, so we headed over! It was crazy trying to get all our stuff across campus, but with the help of our friends Jonathan and Laura we made it in J Our new room is spacious and clean and generally two thumbs up. The second “thumbs up” comes solely from having a huge bathroom for just the two of us. I would say the only really sad thing about leaving Regents would be not getting to see some of the awesome people that lived there everyday. There were so many nice people there.

Well, I feel like I’ve done enough rambling, and enough describing my boring semester to give you a good long snoozefest—so, I will save the other random thoughts for a later date.

Keep it RACERiffic, bro.

Love,
 Magnificent Maddie
(Please refer to me as this from now on)

No comments:

Post a Comment