Thursday, December 27, 2012

Take Off


Hey bro!

I am currently in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean!! After our flight was delayed 2 hours, we finally made it onto the airplane. The delay meant that we made it to the New York airport in just enough time to RUSH to the next flight. It was really funny because we asked for directions to our gate (we were so confused), and this guy gave us the most backwards-upside down directions you could possibly imagine. We had to walk OUTSIDE the airport in the freezing rain around to another entrance. Turns out there was an “airtrain” to take to avoid that. Then we had to go through security again, and since we were late I was completely focused on just getting through as fast as possible. I did, however, appreciate the fact that the security guard thought I was Italian, so he spoke Italian to me! I had no idea what he wanted me to do, but at least he noticed the last name!

So, here I am on the GINORMOUS airplane 2377 miles from our destination. I have watched two movies on the little televisions in the seat, and I am about to take a nap. I found some medicine in the airport, so that is helping me feel better and feel sleepy! A little bit ago they brought us dinner and I got the pasta—definitely hoping that the pasta in actual Italy is a lot better!!! It was absolutely disgusting. I ate like three quarters of a bag of goldfish crackers though, so I am doing fine!

I am getting kind of sleepy, so the nap I’m about to take will hopefully be good. We do have to go an entire day once we get there though, to avoid jetlag! So, that will be tiring. I’m sure I can do it though—Italy is going to be so awesome that it will be worth it. Once we get there we go straight for a tour of the city and dinner. I probably won’t get to load this post until after then. I have absolutely no idea what time it is, or where we are. I think it is around 1 am?? Italy will be seven hours ahead.

For some reason I can’t load my pictures right now, but I will figure it out soon. And then I can show you the boring flight photos!! These abroad blogs aren’t very interesting so far, but I can’t wait to get there to have more things to say to you!!

It’s going to be a long day, and I am SO ready for it.

Peace and blessings,

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment